Saturday, August 29, 2009
My rowdy undead rednecks from Deadneck Hootenanny are back in a new story in the upcoming humorous horror collection Dark Jesters, from Novello Publishers, and edited by Nick Cato and L. L. Soares. "Deadneck Woman" is a fun romp through the beer-swillin' world of flesh-eating hillbillies. I had a great time writing it, and, yes, I have more Deadneck stories to tell, if the opportunity presents itself.
Dark Jesters, due out in late September, also includes a tale from my frequent collaborator Dave Wilbanks. Here's the complete lineup:
- FOSSILIZED BRAAAINS by William A. Veselik
- THE PLAGUE OF GENTLEMEN by Matthew Fryer
- TONGS AND THE ROACH by David T. Wilbanks
- BLESS THE BEASTLY CHILDREN by Laura Cooney
- WOLF PLUGS by Jerrod Balzer
- HACKS by Sam Battrick
- PAPA'S GOT A BRAND NEW BAG by Robert Guffey
- CURSE OF THE BLIND EEL by James Roy Daley
- RETIREMENT by Rob Brooks
- DEADNECK WOMAN by Mark Justice
You can pre-order the book right here.